INTERVIEW ON THE PRICE OF BUSINESS SHOW, MEDIA PARTNER OF THIS SITE.
Recently Kevin Price, Host of the nationally syndicated Price of Business Show, interviewed Austin Rogers.
On a recent Price of Business show, Host Kevin Price visited with Austin Rogers, author of The Ultimate Book of Pub Trivia.
According to a statement, “The pub quiz is a cultural institution…and 12-time Jeopardy! champion Austin Rogers has written the essential trivia guide for players and hosts alike. A bartender and long-time host of a hugely popular New York City quiz night, Rogers is singularly skilled at running uproariously entertaining trivia nights. Now he’s sharing how he does it in The Ultimate Book of Pub Trivia by the Smartest Guy in the Bar.
“Featuring over 3,000 questions sorted into more than 300 rounds of well-balanced, smartly curated quizzes for hours of amusement, this is the new pub trivia bible. Rogers reveals how to put together a stellar pub quiz with pro tips on how to compose rounds, add audio and visual elements, write up a script, and more, ensuring a fun and challenging night. Readers can use the quiz packages included in The Ultimate Book of Pub Trivia by the Smartest Guy in the Bar, or, for those looking to explore the sophisticated, much-studied philosophy of trivia writing, Rogers shares detailed instructions with examples from his 15 years of hosting experience. Not a quiz master but interested in some fun trivia for an impromptu game night at home with friends or just while reading alone? This is perfect for that too.
“Quiz rounds include:
- Pop Culture topics like Movie Quotes, Brit Lit, and Game of Thrones
- Sports Trivia from naming the City by Team to Football Season and Sports Rules
- Historical Info like Famous Ann(e)s, World War I, and Really Big Things
- Photo Rounds on everything from Pooches and Flags to State’s Signs, Famous Dishes, and Historical Figures
- Random Stuff You Might Know, for example “What is the capital of Belarus?” (Minsk) and “This CW TV character was nicknamed the Bad Boy of the Upper East Side” (Chuck Bass)
- And Random Stuff You Might Not Know, like “David Bowie wrote ‘All the Young Dudes’ for this English glam rock band” (Mott the Hoople) or “Mathematician Ludolph van Ceulen has this number engraved on his tombstone” (Pi)
“Difficulty ratings appear at the top of each page with answers listed upside down at the bottom. Also accompanying every round are info boxes with fascinating history, legendary bar stories, tips for winning Jeopardy!, and other fun marginalia.”
About the Guest
Austin Rogers is a Jeopardy! All-Star—having won $411,000 over 12 straight wins and has returned to the show on the Tournament of Champions. He still hosts his long-running, hugely popular New York City pub trivia night along with his podcast, A Lot to Learn with Austin Rogers. Follow Austin Rogers Online – TikTok and Twitter: @austintylerro / Instagram: @augra27
Who is Austin Rogers?
Now that Amy Schneider is out of the game, here are the updated standings! Austin is now 9th in both highest winnings and consecutive games won (https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone/hall-of-fame)
· Rogers went on a 12-game winning streak on Jeopardy! in 2017.
· He has worked as a bartender at The Gaf West in Manhattan, where he hosts a popular trivia night, for the past 15 years.
LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW IN ITS ENTIRETY HERE:
The Price of Business is one of the longest running shows of its kind in the country and is in markets coast to coast. The Host, Kevin Price, is a multi-award winning author, broadcast journalist, and syndicated columnist. Learn more about the show and its digital partners at www.PriceofBusiness.com (scroll down to the bottom of the page).