Almost half of consumers (47%) now say they watch most video content on Facebook versus 41% who say they watch primarily on YouTube, according to a new study released today by Slidely.
In addition, 71% of consumers said they find Facebook video ads relevant or highly relevant to them. This points to the growing importance of precision ad targeting and evolving consumer expectations about the ads they’re shown online.
Slidely, creator of PROMO, the #1 creative video solution for businesses and agencies, today announced the results of its 2018 PROMO Online Video-Watching Habits Survey. The study asked consumers about their video watching and social media preferences.
“These insights are invaluable to businesses and agencies that want to maximize the impact of their online advertising efforts,” said Tom More, CEO at Slidely. “The more marketers know about customer behaviors, the better they can tailor their campaigns to their audience.”
The survey also substantiated the growing importance of online video and its power as a marketing format.
Other key findings include:
- 44% of respondents watch over five online videos per day.
- 56% spend more time on Facebook than any other social platform.
- When watching a video on Facebook, 65% prefer it with sound on; Men have much stronger preference for sound on than women.
- 32% of consumers prefer to have voice-over on the videos they watch
- 60% visit a publisher’s Facebook page after viewing a video at least some of the time, while another 70% say they visit the business’ website after watching video content sometimes, often, or very often.
“As the leading creative video provider for businesses, we know how important it is for marketers and business owners to have current data on their audience’s viewing habits,” said Hila Shitrit Nissim, VP of Communications at Slidely. “Our goal with this survey was to help businesses understand how people consume and engage with their video content.”
PROMO’s award-winning video platform makes creative videos accessible to all businesses, providing ready-made video templates, over 12.5 million premium video clips, curated licensed music and a user-friendly editor.
With PROMO, businesses have the tools to create videos quickly, easily, and affordably that can compete with the big brands’ videos.