Joshua March, CEO and Founder of the leading Social Messaging platform for customer care, Conversocial, today released his debut book Message Me: The Future of Customer Service in the Era of Social Messaging & Artificial Intelligence. The social customer care expert offers brands an insider’s guide to bringing customer service into the social, mobile age. It is March’s first book—a culmination of years of experience and insight into how businesses navigate the changing world of customer engagement in the age of Facebook, Twitter, Messenger and Mobile Messaging.
In a world where great service is all about speed and ease, where every customer experience—good or bad—is one Tweet away from going viral, and where every customer is ready and able to engage businesses over messaging channels, a robust plan for handling customer inquiries and complaints is critical to the bottom line. In Message Me, March offers his “Six pillars for the future of customer service,” an invaluable resource for executives and professionals looking to keep up with the changing digital demands of the connected customer, including:
- Lean-in to the Power of Messaging
- Make Effective Use of Bots for Customer Care
- Deploy Artificial Intelligence Effectively
- Adopt a Messaging Approach to all Digital Channels
“In recent years, we’ve observed huge growth in social messaging applications, the launch of bot platforms that allow deeper interactive experiences (and even payments) within messaging conversations, and huge developments in artificial intelligence,” says March. “The convergence of these trends will radically transform customer service over the next five years, and companies who stay ahead of these trends will be able to deliver a faster, more effortless customer experience than their competitors, a requirement in the social, mobile age—and every executive needs to have a solid understanding of how to achieve this.”
Message Me takes an insider’s look at delivering customer care over social and messaging channels through the prism of technology and the way businesses interact with consumers. Using high-profile case studies, March lays out the fundamental foundations for successful customer service operations in ways that any business large or small can apply. Key takeaways include:
- Make it Effortless: Focus on reducing customer effort, not on delighting them, to maximize loyalty.
- Keep up with Customer Expectations: Commit to full resolution of customer service issues over social and messaging in minutes, not days— that’s the expectation customers have today.
- The Role of Bots and AI: With the shift of customer care into digital channels, especially messaging, automation and Deep Learning can be applied to customer service with the potential to revolutionize service delivery.